Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sketches/Sand Hills Buffalo and Dad

My sketch book traveled along with me on my recent trip out west to see buffalo. I figured that if the opportunity presented itself, and I didn't have my paper and pencil with me, I'd be kicking myself. Lucky me, I did get two sketches in along the way!

Buffalo in the Nebraska sand hills.



Two days of driving with Dad.



Much of the travel time was spent talking with my Dad. A great memory!

Be sure to check out the "artsy" photos and story about the buffalos on my previous blog post:

Home on the Range, Where the Deer and the Buffalo Play


If you liked this sketch, check out my previous sketch post:

Ted E. Graham, The Seagull



Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl! That sketch of your Dad is amazing!!! I would treasure that if I were you. You captured him perfectly and it is of your time together. Way better than a photograph because you did it! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great sketches Cheryl!
    I agree the one of your dad is special--maybe you should frame it! What a wonderful keepsake of your trip and time you spent together. I think it was wonderful you got to spend quality time with your dad! I also love the foreground in the first sketch.Lovely detail!
    Always love viewing your sketches --thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your feedback~