Sunday, March 29, 2009

PRSA New Media Boot Camp

Last Thursday and Friday I had the opportunity to attend PRSA's New Media Boot Camp in NYC. It was quite an experience. After two days jammed packed with the in's and out's of all things relating to new media: search engine optimization, RSS feeds, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, delicious, Digg, blogs, online news rooms, etc. - my head was spinning by 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon!

I highly recommend the program for anyone in the fields of media relations, advertising and marketing. The facilitator, Eric Schwartzman is incredibily knowledgeable. I am very happy to have attended and gained many tips and insights of how all of the new media pieces fit together.

Five years ago, in my mind Twitter was something only a bird did; dig was something I did in the garden, and delicious meant a meal tasted good. Makes me wonder what the next five years has to bring to the world of the internet and media relations!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Cheryl. I'm glad you enjoyed my new media training course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your feedback~