Monday, May 20, 2013

Back in action with pastels!

Over the past few months, I've been taking pastel classes at a local art center. Using a print of a painting as my reference by mouth artist Mariusz Maczka called Floral Brilliance, I re-created the artwork in pastels -- thus re-acclimating myself to pastels after having not used them for over 30 years (yikes!!!).
 
 
 
 
Maczka's artwork is stunning, especially knowing that he painted his original all by mouth...simply amazing. More info on Maczka can be found here: http://www.vdmfk.com/unsu/vdmfk-mednarodno/umetniki-po-svetu/po-drzavah.html?tx_kuenstlerdb_pi1%5Bartist%5D=609&tx_kuenstlerdb_pi1%5Bmode%5D=DETAIL
 
Thanks for the inspiration Maczka. I'm humbled by your talent.
 
For more frequent updates on Kugler art, visit: www.facebook.com/cherylkuglerart
 
Thanks for stopping by~
 
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your feedback~