Remember film? You know, the roll of film that you put in a camera? Before digital?
This past semester I decided to take a black and white photography class where we:
* took photos with a completely manual, 35mm, SLR camera using black and white FILM
* developed the film and enlarged the negative
* used various filters, a timer, tools, and developing chemicals to expose, dodge and burn the print into an artful completion.
Assignment 1: Photograms
Process: layout items on the top of photo paper and expose the paper resulting in a negative output of the items.
Assignment 2: Just shoot film and get used to your camera!
Assigment 3: Take photos from various points of view.
Title: Fluffy Birdhouse
Assignment 4: Up Close and Personal
Title: The Axe Man
Assignment 5: Secret/Special Place
Title: Turning 14
Assignment 6: Portrait
Title: Jonny's On His Rocker!
Assignment 7: Self-Portrait
Title: ??? (Title suggestions welcome!)
The one that made it into the Student Honors Show....
Assignment 8: Your Choice
Title: Instinctive Shooting
An Extra Shot.
Title: My Nieces
If you enjoyed this post, please check out my previous art class posts:
- Influenced by Berthe Morisot: A Series of 4 Oil Stick Paintings
- Gardening Paintings Influenced by Ben Snijders
- Teapots in Subtractive Chalk
- Painting Class/"Prom Dress Awaits"
Thanks for stopping in~
Winning Illustration for HAIRY by Lindsey Thomas
13 hours ago